|sent from: Esher, Surrey, UK. destination: UNKNOWN!|
This comic was inspired by a recent phone interview that unexpectedly took a turn for the awkward when they started asking me specific technical questions to check that I had the basic knowledge for the position. It’s a sign of the new competition for jobs in vfx that you hear more and more about people being set tests and undergoing rigorous technical interviews.
I fudged my way through it well enough, but for some reason this question, about the dot product, got me nervous and I needed Maria, who was signing desperately in the background, to help me out.
As I drafted it, I decided that the funny would come from focusing on her increasingly desperate attempts to convey to me what the dot product was.
I got the offer in the end.
- “Like” http://facebook.com/postcardwala
- Share this blog post url on your timeline http://blog.juanluis.com/2013/05/2200-first-tech-interview-in-ten-years.html
- Leave a note at http://facebook.com/postcardwala letting me know you’ve shared it and I’ll enter you in the draw.
- Tweet out the link to this post by clicking on the ‘tweet’ button at the bottom.
- Please include @juanluissays and #postcardwala hashtag in the tweet so I’ll can enter you in the draw!